Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Kayla

Nikko Blue. I'll get Endless Summer if I see it. I love hydrangeas
and it gets discouraging to not have any blooms.

Lori

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 04:45:49 GMT, "Suzy O" wrote:

Which hydrangea is it? Nikko Blue is notorious for dying back to the ground
here in Wisconsin zone 5. And, being that it blooms on old wood, it rarely
flowers. In my experience (twice), they eventually succumbed to winter's
cold and died. The good news ... there is a newer hydrangea out with blue
flowers that seems to do well here, Endless Summer. It blooms on both old
and new wood. However, I've heard that it still needs soil amendment to
acidify the soil here where we have rather alkaline soil (pH 7-8)/

Suzy, Zone 5, Wisconsin

"Kayla" wrote in message
news
I uncovered my hydrangea bush and planted it upright this year and I
have leaves on the stems now. I live in zone 5 and the plant dies
back to the ground in the winter and since blossoms form on last years
branches I never got blooms. I buried it in a foot of soil over the
winter and have hopes of getting those nice blue blooms that were on
the plant when I bought it years ago. Has anybody tried this and
succeeded?

Lori