Old 05-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
[...]
Why, for a couple of months I've been advertising locally for a
Saturday Boy, and no-one's even *ASKED* about the prestigious
position.

(See http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ad/ )

[...]

ĦQue sorpresa! if I may say so.

--
Mike.

Ye gads....from the many comments on this 'string', fun that they be, it
sounds as tho parts of the UK society are just as stuffy as ever....pretty
soon I expect someone to be talking about "pater" and the likes....H

That's most frightfully non-U. We refer to him as the Gov'nor, what?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/