Old 06-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Sterling

If you live in an area that routinely gets to -30F!!!!!

Oh I am in pain just thinking about that!!!!!

Vox Humana wrote:
"Kayla" wrote in message

Nikko Blue. I'll get Endless Summer if I see it. I love hydrangeas
and it gets discouraging to not have any blooms.

Lori

"Endless Summer" isn't the only hydrangea that blooms on new growth. If you
live in an area that routinely gets to -30F, then you should check with
local nurseries (not places like Wal-Mart or Home Depot) and see what they
have available. There are other types of hydrangeas besides the large
leafed ones. You might look at the oak leaf and paniculata hydrangeas.
Also, there are many great viburnums that have large hydrangea-type flowers,
some with wonderful fragrance that have some winter interest.