Old 06-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Kay

In article , pied piper
writes

wrote in message
.. .

grass grows same as many other plants however there is a diference with
species of grass monocotelydens grow just one stalk and we generally cut
before the plant flowers and seeds which is why we have to nurture the lawn
to keep the plant healthy.
However some grasses are stoloniferous and spread outwards these are
generally weed grasses and not good for a lawn .

Is that generally true? A lot of the fine leaved grasses are
stoloniferous - are these not used for a lawn? I would have thought it
would be an advantage for the grass to spread outwards and thus form a
dense turf as soon as possible.

Scarifying regularly helps stop the weed grasses spreading encourage your
good grass with regular watering feeding grooming dressing etc and maintain
a healthy sward

--
Kay