Old 06-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Brigitte

"Brigitte" wrote in message

"BearDrummer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Did they make it past the inspection gate ok?

I'll let you know! I'm leaving Wednesday, and hope to arrive at my
destination by Saturday or Sunday.

With all the plants and animals on this trip, I'm not sure what to expect
along the way.

Brigitte

At the last minute I decided not to bring my plants. After loading them all
in my tow vehicle, it turned out they caused me to be overweight for the
axles on the vehicle.

A friend of mine will be watering them (hopefully) on a regular basis.
She's been known to murder plants in the past, but maybe she's
rehabilitated.

I'll be back home in August for one month, and my load won't be so heavy.
If they survive until August, I'll bring them back to California with me,
where I'll be staying for the following nine months.

Brigitte

BTW, there was no sort of inspection along the way. There were signs for
commercial growers to stop and be inspected, but nothing for people like
myself.

Brigitte