Old 06-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Sacha

Default OT Elderflower cordial

In the very faint hope that we actually get some sun before the Longest Day
is upon us and it's all downhill towards Christmas, I'm passing on a
delicious recipe a friend gave me last year:

90 heads of Elder flower, picked at mid-day

6 sliced lemons

9lbs. Preserving sugar (Caster will do but Preserving is better)

7.5 oz. Citric or Tartaric acid

Put all the ingredients into a large bowl or clean plastic bucket. Add 7.5
pints boiling water.

Stir night and day for 5 days. Strain, squeezing the lemons. Put into
plastic bottles and deep freeze. Take out only when wanted, and refrigerate
as it wonıt keep out of the freezer for more than 5 to 7 days.

Dilute with water to taste.

This makes a very refreshing drink in hot weater.

Undiluted, itıs also good on gooseberries or over fruit salad.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk