Old 06-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Mike Lyle

Pam Moore wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:05:29 +0100, "Duncan Heenan"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mike Lyle wrote:
Most coarse grasses give up when mowed regularly,

pedant
mown
/pedant

I've just come back from being rown on my rowing boat to read this
interesting view of grammar. However I won't mown about it,

instead
I'll go out and see how the seeds are getting on which have been
sowed, and sown al...so.

That's right, man, get DOWN to it!

Hey, I refuse to be out-pedanted by _anybody_ !

OED clearly states that strong and weak forms of the past participle
are equally current. And COD gives both without comment. (But I
confess to a moment of uncertainty when I framed the "mowed" message:
I suspect I may use the two indiscriminately. If a devoted pedant can
be said ever to use any word indiscriminately.)

--
Mike.