Old 06-06-2005, 07:50 PM
chris

I got it at a mall ... which I only just found out that they typically
only sell dying trees, unfortunately I didn't know any better when I
got it.

I've received a bunch of constructive responses, unfortunately the
common theme seems to be to not get my hopes up. I will let it dry out
a bit and then check the roots. Also I live in a townhouse and I
wouldn't trust placing it outdoors, that is another thing they didn't
tell me when I bought it (that it should be left outdoors).

I had been fertilizing it every 2 weeks for the past 2 months. On the
base of the tree some green moss has started growing. Is this normal? I
was assuming that is why it is called 'blue moss'?

Thanks to everyone for all the help.