Old 06-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:44:22 +0200, Reka
wrote:

bob schrieb:
Hi;
Bothered by top heavy or droppy plant parts? Many of you may
allready know this but I have cut panty hose into the required size
pieces and used it to support dropping plants. It will not cut into the
plant and is hardly noticable. It is a lot more cost effective then
other methods.Besides, I think of my wife while looking at my orchids
Bob

Probably works well with "leggy" plants. LOL
Actually, I was thinking about using a whole pantyhose leg, inserting
the pot into it and pulling it up over the plant, to give support to new
growths on plants where they tend to spread out. Do you think it would
work this way as a form of "staking"? I was thinking it would also shade
certain sensitive plants a bit, too.
Any ideas on this from anyone?

REKA

Go have your coffee. That is too much.
Actually strips work best for securing plants to mounts.
SuE