Old 06-06-2005, 04:07 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On 5 Jun 2005 13:57:37 -0700, "Brendan" wrote:

It's quite murky, so I can't tell if they're there or not.

I just checked pH and it looked like 8.2 (ouch) so I put in some pH
reducing salts. It's supposed to be 7-7.6, right?

8.4 is no problem, as RTB mention koi are bothered by it at all. Course
plants & filters do better when it is 8.4 and less.

It's about 500 gallons, by my estimate. At the moment I only have a
little pump that circulates water down a very small waterfall. Should
I get a filter as well?

If you've got koi, you're going to need a filter, that is why your water is
murky. You need to check ammonia, nitrite, nitrates, pH & KH plus the
temperature of your pond. How many koi? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a