Old 06-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Reel Mckoi

" Ron Lawrence KC4YOY" wrote in message
news:KBPoe.22931
Can't help you there, I have to buy plants every year
to replace the ones that die from the cold.
The pond nor filter don't freeze, but the plants die
when the air temp drops in the winter.
I wouldn't think a frozen bog would allow much water flow.

My plants don't die over the winter. I'm in zone 6 which can get some
really cold cold-snaps. One winter I lost my parrots feather for some
reason, perhaps a rot of some kind. Maybe you're buying the more tropical
type....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.