Old 06-06-2005, 08:04 PM

On 2005-06-02, laurie (Mother Mastiff) wrote:
My established beds of daylilies are developing a problem that needs a
diagnosis so it can be treated before the plants die, leaving me bloomless.

One half of the lower more mature leaves turns yellow, then brown.
Eventually the leaf dies. I used the sprinkler in case it was simple
thirst, but that didn't seem to help.

Are daylilies susceptible to foliar fungus or other diseases? If so, what
is the best treatment?

Also, when is the best time to give a shot of organic fertilizer? They are
developing buds now....

Thanks!

Have you dug any to see if the roots are ok. Could be voles.

Not sure about fertilizer, but probably like other things they should
have been fertilized much earlier, but a shot after they bloom would
make them stronger for next year.

is a garbage address.