Old 06-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Anthony Ward

Default Coffee Grounds in Compost?

The canteen at my workplace wants to improve their recycling
statistics and so is bagging up the used coffee grounds from the
machine and offering this free to customers for their garden compost
bins.
A colleague has said this is not a good idea because the grounds are
too acidic. I would appreciate knowing the thoughts of experienced
gardeners on this please. I am not particularly wanting to grow
acid-loving plants.
I have also heard that one should not add citrus peel to the compost
bin for the same reason. Does the group agree?