Old 06-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Phil L

Sacha wrote:
:: In the very faint hope that we actually get some sun before the
:: Longest Day is upon us and it's all downhill towards Christmas,
:: I'm passing on a delicious recipe a friend gave me last year:
::
:: 90 heads of Elder flower, picked at mid-day
::
:: 6 sliced lemons
::
:: 9lbs. Preserving sugar (Caster will do but Preserving is better)
::
:: 7.5 oz. Citric or Tartaric acid
::
:: Put all the ingredients into a large bowl or clean plastic bucket.
:: Add 7.5 pints boiling water.
::
:: Stir night and day for 5 days. Strain, squeezing the lemons. Put
:: into plastic bottles and deep freeze. Take out only when wanted,
:: and refrigerate as it wonıt keep out of the freezer for more than
:: 5 to 7 days.
::
:: Dilute with water to taste.
::
:: This makes a very refreshing drink in hot weater.
::
:: Undiluted, itıs also good on gooseberries or over fruit salad.

If you add a spoonfull of yeast it will also make a decent wine! (if you
take away 7lbs of the sugar!)

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.