Old 06-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Ben Tuinman

"Newsgroups" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I'm seeking advice. I'm new to gardening. I have many hostas in my
garden and I'm looking to divide/moved some to another area in the
garden. How do I divide it? Do I have to get it from the root? I
tried but found it very difficult.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

"New to Gardening"

In my experience dividing hostas is very troublefree. We have many in our
yard, and from time to time I use a spade to cut, and dig up an entire
section, root and all, preferably with soil around the roots, and put them
in pots and keep them moist. I have done that many a time to please my kids
or friends. Any time of the year really ! Likewise, to move them to another
spot in the garden. We have lots of shade and they seem to thrive there year
after year. Good luck ! Ben