Old 07-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Reel Mckoi

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah, UV is defienately working. I checked that twice already, of
course now I have a permanent hole scorched through my skull, but it
wasnt too bad. The batting hasnt even need to be cleaned yet. I pulled
it this afternoon just to see what was up. It had some brown
slimy-looking stuff trapped(dead algae?) and then the rest was just
sort of stained green from the water. It cleaned out fine, I put it
back in. I could crank the flow down some, but then I would only be
circulating a little less than1/3 the pond volume per hour. Would this
be ok?

The slower it goes through the UV light the better the kill.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.