Old 07-06-2005, 12:51 AM
c-bee1

wrote in message
2 days? First timers should wait 7 days, or perhaps a
lot longer if you have green soup now. I'd pull the
batting out since it's only going to clog (way too small
-- you said 5-gallon bucket?). And you're sure that the
UV lamp is on...(never look directly at the lamp -- use
a mirror, else you WILL turn to stone).

Um, mirrors don't really help enough to matter. Never look directly at
the lamp unless you have, like, those amber-colored 'blue-blocker' glasses
on, and then only for a fraction of a second. Better yet, stick a piece of
yellow paper in the beam and look at that.

It doesn't take much long wave UV to screw you up, and it is somewhat
cumulative. In fluorescence microscopy we deal with it all the time. -cmb