Old 07-06-2005, 02:43 AM
DeKoi

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
i was just concerned about the water flowing too slow. Just seems like
if it were going too slow, it wouldnt turn over the entire volume of
the pond often enough and maybe the algae would grow quicker then the
UV could kill it, you know what Im trying to say? Plus . im a little
concerned that I may be taxing my pump too much. We have a HUGE
waterfall so I am using a 3600GPH pump to raise the water to about 5.5'
of head. I have the waterfall turned off because we are having problems
with leakage and evaporation with the falls on, I mean ALOT of water
loss here. So I have a diverter valve pumping to the uv and no water
coming through the falls, So essentially Im running a 3600GPH pump @
850 GPH. Probably going to burn it up. Ill turn it down a little more
though and see what happens.

Before burning out a good pump I would buy a cheaper smaller one for your UV
light. Also trying something like tall plants or large water lilies to
shade the water would probably help with the algae problem.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.