Old 07-06-2005, 04:28 AM
RWL

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:12:23 -1000, "Mike"
wrote:

"RWL" GeoLane_NOSPAM_ @evenlink.com wrote in message
.. .

What is the name of the blue / white / lavender colored wildflowers
growing along the roadsides currently in central PA.

One of the things I miss about eastern PA - the roadside flowers. State
Transportation doesn't actually plant them, do they?

Not most of the widlflowers. There are areas of divided highways
where PenDOT has planted wildflowers in the median. Where they've
done this, there's a nice colorful mixture early, which later is
dominated by Cosmos. In subsequent years only the purple coneflowers
seem to return. I went down the strip of Rt 15 south of Selinsgrove
today where they've done this in years past, but I didn't notice if
anything was growing in the median besides grass this year.

RWL

******* Recreate gaps in email address to reply *******