Old 07-06-2005, 05:45 AM
ntantiques

Jan wrote:
Could you tell me what you think is the most fragrant rose bush..

I need some fragrant ones...

thanks so much..

For me, hands down, the best fragrant rose is Meilland's Frederic
Mistral, a fabulous delicate light pink with a knock your socks off
scent. Have grown it successfully in several locations - the San
Francisco East Bay (hot), in the Mt. Shasta, CA area (snow), and in
Eugene, OR (rain, rain rain). No matter the location, I've always found
it to be a vigorous grower with profuse repeat blooms on lovely strong
stems, extremely disease resistant, and the scent is just to die for.
It's only possible drawback is the size - it does need some room as it
gets larger than the average rose.

Double Delight has been suggested by some others in this thread. It's
another of my very favorite fragrant roses, but in my experience, a bit
prone to rust and black spot. Doesn't keep me from including it in my
gardens though...

NT