Old 07-06-2005, 03:22 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

"Heather" wrote in message
Are your lotus up yet?

I have one leaf up. Growing in 24" sunken tub with heater to maintain 80

The ones I divided and put in a kiddy pool with a shower curtain over it
for heat gain, have many floater pads and the one I sold today had a large
arial up. The ones in the cooler lily pond just have a few small floaters
up. Zone 7a (same a K30).

I am happy to mention that I only lost one T. lilies, keeping 6 in my patio
pond in the living room. Even a small red flare baby that I thought had
died has some life action going. The two that I did the bag method and
stored in the garage both survived. One had tiny leaves when I unbagged it
and took weeks before they made a move, now is reaching for the surface.
The other had no life, but the corm or tuber was still hard, so I stuck it
in the warmer kiddy pool and it too is showing life. Woo Hoo!!! It will go
back to the Demon Pond the middle of this month. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~