Old 07-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Stephen Howard

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:42:30 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

Stephen Howard wrote:

snip
I've got a couple of these bags - I'm quite happy to say I bought them
at B&Q.
I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the product on sight - as
you say, it looks like so much chipped wood - but I duly wetted the
bags down and planted toms in them, and a week later everything seems
to be fine ( so far ).
As to the preservative query, I noted ( I think ) a HDRA logo on the
bag - or at least an endorsement - so I think it highly unlikely that
there's anything untoward in the contents.

The Henry Doublespeak organisation exists mainly to help the Organic(TM)
industry and supermarkets to fleece the worried well. It is highly
unlikely that there are any bad *synthetic* chemicals in a product that
they endorse, but natural toxins are plentiful in the environment.

All the more reason for not adding any more then.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk