Old 07-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Mr. Zee

Default Light Intensity?

Hello folks:

I have a 55 gallon tetra/ram planted tank with a DIY CO2 generator and
2 65 Watt 6700K Coralife bulbs. Plant growth is ok, but some of the plants
seem to be 'reaching' for the light. Also they've taken on a bit of a
yellowish/light green hue, different then the nice dark green that they had
when I bought them. Would increasing the light to 2 96 Watt bulbs be the
thing to do? Water quality is good: pH 6.2, no nitrates, minimal nitrates
and a lot of phosphate which I deal with by 3 weekly water changes. I also
have Florite (sp?) gravel and use Seachem's Florish Excel and Trace. Thanks
for any info.