Old 07-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Gloria wrote:
I had one with the big wheels and it was very heavy and way harder to push
than one with wheels all the same size. I'd never buy one like that again!
I've had a snapper self-propelled with several speeds that are easy to
change for 13 years with no problems at all with it. Mine has a high vac
deck a mulching blade with a mulching attachment that replaces the chute.

HTH,
Gloria

The reel-type unpowered mowers are all ligher and easier to maneuver
than any power mower I've ever owened or used.

Two drawbacks
a) their maximum cutting height is generally 1-1/2", which may be too
short for your climate.
b) blades must be kept sharp, so you need a sharpening attachment and
have to develop the habit of using it.

You also have to cut more often, as they don't grind up the clippings
(like mulching attachments), but I don't consider that a drawback.

HTH