Old 07-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Doug Kanter

I like this idea a lot. You're a sick person, but in a good way. :-)

wrote in message
oups.com...
What you need is pieces of pipe painted green that stick up about an
inch above the mown height of the grass as plant markers. I used old
jackhammer bits to mark some things near the edge of my property after
informing the neighbors lawn service that he had run over my horse
radish, bee balm, and blueberries.
The second time he ran over my stuff ate an 18 hp mower , there has
been no third time.
Wire coat hangers are an interesting thing too.

"Fragile Warrior" Volfie wrote:
""Fragile Warrior" Volfie" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
It self sows nicely, feeds bumblebees and skipper butterflies, makes a
nice addition to iced tea. Supposed to be a good honeybee plant but
mine tend to ignore it, might be something better blooming at the same
time.

Great. I need indestructable plants. So far only my mints are
thriving
nicely. Everything else seems to be a struggle here. (Central Indiana
in
mostly clay soil that tends to either be bone dry or have a water table
that's 1/8" below the surface.)

I can't wait to see it bloom now.

Giselle

Well, here's a sad follow-up: my niece's husband mowed down all my
wildflowers yesterday. The ones I started from seed by hauling buckets
of
water up from the pond to keep them moist while they were germinating.
The
ones that were just getting buds on them. And the ones I bought from the
greenhouse that we've been discussing. Apparently, being a lover of
annuals
bought at Walmart, if he doesn't see petunias and impatients, he just
mows
it all down.

Oh, yeah, he even zig-zagged over and got my rhubarb. AND he threw some
rocks (that were marking the wildflower boundries) over into the
established
garden and crushed my iris' that haven't bloomed yet.

Giselle (I guess I must have ****ed Mr. Passive-Aggresive off about
something )