Old 07-06-2005, 08:53 PM
\Fragile Warrior\ Volfie

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

""Fragile Warrior" Volfie" wrote in message

""Fragile Warrior" Volfie" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
It self sows nicely, feeds bumblebees and skipper butterflies, makes a
nice addition to iced tea. Supposed to be a good honeybee plant but
mine tend to ignore it, might be something better blooming at the same
time.

Great. I need indestructable plants. So far only my mints are thriving
nicely. Everything else seems to be a struggle here. (Central Indiana
in mostly clay soil that tends to either be bone dry or have a water
table that's 1/8" below the surface.)

I can't wait to see it bloom now.

Giselle

Well, here's a sad follow-up: my niece's husband mowed down all my
wildflowers yesterday. The ones I started from seed by hauling buckets
of water up from the pond to keep them moist while they were germinating.
The ones that were just getting buds on them. And the ones I bought from
the greenhouse that we've been discussing. Apparently, being a lover of
annuals bought at Walmart, if he doesn't see petunias and impatients, he
just mows it all down.

Oh, yeah, he even zig-zagged over and got my rhubarb. AND he threw some
rocks (that were marking the wildflower boundries) over into the
established garden and crushed my iris' that haven't bloomed yet.

Giselle (I guess I must have ****ed Mr. Passive-Aggresive off about
something )

You do know that such a crime is punishable by death, right?

It's crossed my mind. Maybe after I stop crying...