Old 07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Harold Walker

"flash" wrote in message

Hi,

Due to a failure not to take one step backwards when everyone else did, I
am
now treasurer of a newly founded allotment society.

The allotment site could do with some investment and I am looking around
for
any organisations I could obtain a grant from - in conjunction with the
societies own fund raising activities.

So far I have tapped up the Parish Council and am in the process of
applying
for a lottery grant.

Anyone else got any ideas or experiences?

TIA.

A good old standbye is for members to dig up a few of their perennials and
pot 'em up for a plant sale.....a local garden club just raised over 2,000
pounds with this year's annual plant sale...most of the plants being donated
by members but some by local nurseries...credit via a home made sighn given
to each nursery donating.....H