Old 07-06-2005, 06:08 PM
spakker

Default Garden shredder report

I asked about budget garden-shredders end-May and ended up getting one of
those that cut using a worm -type method. It is as quiet as a washing
machine and pulls the branches in on it own- once it gets a grip.I am sure
glad I didn't get the spinning blade type which you have continually to push
the branch into-and which are by all accounts very noisy.The shredder is a
graded-product(returned?)Bosch atx 2000 HP at £99 plus a £10p&p.Advertised
on E-bay with a 14 day returns policy and 12 months warranty- many graded
shredders were advertised there usually at £129 +p&p.I bought it by card
over the phone as a uk tel. number was in the ad. yesterday and it turned up
this afternoon.I am impressed how quiet it is and it does what it says on
the box, but it doesn't like too many soft leaves at once-I just shoved a
branch in which pulls the leaves through with it- and I've jammed it once-
just reverse the direction by switch and it spat out the branch.I think that
the manufacturers' probably all claim max. capacity but this was easily
shredding1 inch privet branches plus all the above leaves/branches on the
inch stem.