Old 07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Reel Mckoi

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the SHELF life of a UV bulb? I recently purchased a UV
clarifier and it seems to be doing absolutely nothing after about 5
days. The bulb glows, but im just not sure its doing anything. The
clarifier was "new in the box" but I have no idea how long it was
sitting in the box before I plugged it in the first time. Do the bulbs
degrade while sitting on the shelf while not in use?

I never heard of a bulb going "bad" sitting on a shelf. Why not call the
source where you bought the light and inquire why you see no changes yet?
I used mine for 3 years and they still worked.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.