Old 07-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Reel Mckoi

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I have pulled out the quilt batting I have in my filter the last
two days to clean it and it was fairly gunked up with some
brownish/gray muck, dead algae?

$$ Yep, and probably other "things" floating around in your pond water.

Maybe its working but I do have some
pretty green water.

$$ Have you any idea what could be feeding this severe algae bloom? You may
just be suffering the "usual" springtime bloom! It hit my ponds when the
fish started breeding this year. Between the eggs, milt and them stirring
up everything my ponds turned dark green. When the plants really took off
the algae started to fade away....

18watt UV, turbo twist 6x, flowing @ 850 GPH in a
1750 gallon pond that gets full sun for about 6 hours a day. Maybe the
UV isnt powerful enough to keep up with the algae?

$$ It should be powerful enough to do the job unless something is adding to
the problem - such as not enough pond plants, too much feeding, fertilizer
running into pond when it rains, a lot of mulm on the pond bottom.... the
number and size of fish, number of tadpoles.... you can see why that's a
hard question to answer.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.