Old 07-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Reel Mckoi

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mine isnt showing any signs of clearing after about 4 1/2 days of
running. I have an 18 watt turbo twist 6x flowing at 850GPH in a 1750
gallon pond that gets full sun for about 6 hours a day. The quilt
batting in the filter has been gunked up with some brownish/gray
muck(dead algae?) the last two days though. So maybe its working, just
not working wellt enough to keep up with the algae's rate of growth.

=======================
I'm not sure if this was recommend yet or not - but if you see no changes in
another week you may want to buy test kits for Nitrogen and Phosphorus and
see if you have an unusual amount in your pond. Certain times of the year
our water contains a lot of nitrogen, probably from farms in the area. Any
nitrogen or phos' that enters my ponds and pools would be sucked right up by
the plants.

Right now my fry pools are clearing of "green water" as the fry are eating
regular fish food and no longer need this type of water. I stopped adding
the 10-10-10 last week. Can you imagine - I had to add fertilizer to get
the pea-soup needed by the fry!
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.