Old 07-06-2005, 11:22 PM
robv60

Well lets see.... This is going to be long....I have pond plants, but
not nearly enough no doubt. I have water hyacinth, I purchased 20
"baby" plants and then bought 3 large plants each with two medium sized
plants growing off of them for a total of nine plants. So, 29 Hyacinth
which really areant multiplying very much-or at all.(Did get my first
bloom today though!) I also have a few water lettuce floating around. A
couple of bunches of anacharis and something else I cannot remember
the name of. One potted water iris and two water cannas. I had several
water lillies but they got snipped off by a snapping turtle that moved
in, since been evicted by me! I rarely feed the fish at all, maybe once
a week if that much. I only have 8 3-4" long goldfish in the pond. No
tadpoles. (Although, on a side note, my front pond had a crazy amount
of tadpoles, not so much anymore,ahem.. The front pond gets a little
less sun everyday. It was pretty clear for the longest time after the
back pond greened up. Just recently, we had a week where it rained
amlost 7 days in a row, now the front pond is greening/clouding up.
Figures since I just put a small koi and a sarassus in it. Cant see
them. Got a UV coming for that one too.) No fertilizer run-off, I did
place a some mall chunks of fertilizer in my lilly pots right before
the turtle decided they needed to go. Also, I really do not have any
circulation other than whats going through the UV Which is still about
1/2 the pond volume an hour. I lose an insane amount of water with the
falls on so until I can get it lined it stays off. No biofilter to
speak of. Im working on one now, its supposed to go at the top of the
falls though-so oh well. I know that definately isnt helping matters,
but, I only have 8 fish in a 1750 gallon pond.