Old 08-06-2005, 06:27 AM
dc

Kathleen wrote:
How long does a minnow live in one of those barrels?

We drop a minnow in each of the water receptacles around here and that works
perfectly!
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

--
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper
He should sweep streets

Had a well doh moment yesterday. I went to clean the screen of the city
bought rain barrel and the darn barrel was full of mosquitoes and
larva. I don't know why I assumed that the screen would keep the
dreaded vampire bugs out, but it sure did not. Obviously a mosquito
dunk is in order here. Talked to the city this morning and they seemed
unconcerned and said that a dunk would handle it and not everybody had
the problem. I thought that I would send a heads up to any of you who
have these barrels. My barrel has been drained and washed out and it
sitting in the sun awaiting our next rain so that I can put in a
mosquito dunk. I hate the thought of thousands of these darn things
breeding mosquitoes all over the city. Sheesh the city is selling
mosquito breeders. Yeah, I should have known better.

Cea