Old 08-06-2005, 07:15 AM
sherwindu

Might also be a sticking carborettor float that prevents the supply bowl from filling
with fuel, unless it is inclined at this angle. If you open the carborettor and check for
gas in this bowl, both before and after tilting, you may get your answer. Also, you
can try tapping on the carborettor supply bowl, and seeing if that frees up the sticking
float.

Sherwin Dubren

GACAttak wrote:

I have a simple Craftsman pushmower that used to start great, but
doesn't anymore. It's relatively new and has a primer bulb that you're
supposed to press 3 times, and then start it right up. Well, I could
pull all day and that won't help me. What I do to get it started is to
stand the mower up on it's nose for about 15 seconds. When I lay it
flat again, on the first pull, it'll *almost* start, and it generally
starts up completely on the second pull.

I'm sure there's a good explanation for this. Anyone know?