Old 08-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Bill Stock

"Gale Pearce" wrote in message

The Algae is wild this year. I can pull it out by the handful everyday
and
the pond is only 500 gallons. I finally put a few Water Hyacinths in on

the weekend,

Hi Bill - I don't know where you live - I'm in Sw Ont and I have a battle
with string algae every spring until my lilies pads start to give me some
surface coverage on my pond - we have finally got some warmer weather here
(~90's the last couple of days) so the lilies are finally taking off - as
well I use a bacteria additive all season long which helps and mine has
died
back a lot in the last few days, if not completely gone - if you haven't
tried that it might be worth a try
Gale :~)

I'm in Southern Ontario. I never really has a String Algae problem until the
end of last summer. My lilies were doing fairly well, but have slowed down a
bit. They may need some plant spikes.

What's the bacteria you mentioned?