Old 08-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Kay

In article , Jupiter
writes

My local Council, in its application form for an allotment, requires,
among other intrusive

and unnecessary questions, to know the
applicant's ethnic origins

Usually not compulsory to answer this. It's there to guard against
unintentional discrimination. How do you know you are not discriminating
if you don't know the applicant's ethnic group?

and what the applicant intends to grow on
the allotment.

Could be relevant .... suppose I intended to use my allotment to carry
out breeding experiments on thistles? ;-)

Possibly unconnected, or perhaps not, there are
several allotment sites around the town completely unused and badly
overgrown.

--
Kay