Old 08-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Toni

"v1rtu0s1ty" wrote

My wife and I planted spirea yesterday. I would like to know if there
is a quick way of removing the grass around the bush without digging
the grass out? It's because, I would like to make a nice pattern around
the spirea that we have planted. If you notice on the picture, I already
have a white curvey pattern which I will follow. I can dig them up but
it's too tiring.

Too tiring??
Even if you kill the turfgrass with a herbicide you'll still have to dig out
the dead plant matter. Probably should ammend the entire bed by double
digging the whole area.
Gardening is hard physical work- no way around it.
Pick up a shovel and get to it!

Now when you see a beautifully landscaped yard you might understand all the
intense physical labor that goes into it.

--
Toni
South Florida USA