Old 11-02-2003, 08:55 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default Epsom Salts???

If your resultant water / fertilizer solution is deficient in Mg, watering
once per month w/ epsom salts (mag sulfate) at 1/2 tsp per gallon is a good
idea.

I've also heard that it helps roses make more basil breaks...

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message
If you spray your plants with an Epsom Salts solution, it will result in

the
development of a white, crusty substance all over the plants.

If, on the other hand, you water the plants with a dilute solution, it's
supposed to help induce blooming in a variety of genera. Personally, I've
yet to see definitive proof that it works, but it can't hurt.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Abra Myers" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
I recently heard that if I spray my phalaenopsis with a mixture
of Epsom Salts and water that it will cause my plant to spike.
Has anyone heard of this or has anyone ever tried it? If so,
then what is the ratio the salt and water? Does it work on
other kinds of orchids too?
I haven't tried it yet because I'm not sure if it is a good idea.
Thanks!
Abra