Old 08-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Dsybok

I put an 8 watt UV on my 800 gallon pond at 700 GPM and it cleared
completely green water in a matter of a couple of days. I mean it went from
pea soup to absolutely crystal clear. Pond gets about 6 hours of direct , SO
Cal hot sun a day.

I have a string algae problem since our winter rains, but no water clarity
issues whatsoever. Your UV should be plenty powerful enough unless as others
have said, there is something else at work.

"robv60" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I have pulled out the quilt batting I have in my filter the last
two days to clean it and it was fairly gunked up with some
brownish/gray muck, dead algae? Maybe its working but I do have some
pretty green water. 18watt UV, turbo twist 6x, flowing @ 850 GPH in a
1750 gallon pond that gets full sun for about 6 hours a day. Maybe the
UV isnt powerful enough to keep up with the algae?