Old 08-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Mike" wrote in message
Dear 'Spakker',
I asked a sensible question about market practice. If you have no answer,
why the stupid sarcasm?
As a matter of interest I normally do my own gardening, but I have to go
away for a couple of months. Also there a re a lot of people not
'healthy'
enough to do their own gardening.

Under the circumstances you describe, do you not have a near neighbour or
relative who would do it for you? We will be away for 3 months, but a
neighbour will have the key, pick up the mail and sort it into piles, and
daughter will forward it on to the various Associations I am involved
with.

Would I have asked the questio if that were an option?

Getting back to Gardening, the same neighbour looks after our greenhouse
and
plant watering when we are away. OK we are away from the start of January
the end of March so not much 'gardening' to do, but possibly the lawn will
need a cut and he/she will do that.

I have over an acre of sloping difficult lawn with a lot of edges trees,
bushes etc. It takes me about 4-5 hours to do it properly on a good day.
Could you send your neighbours around please?

We already look after their greenhouse during the growing season as they
have a large Campa Van and clear off when it takes their fancy.

Neighbours. Wonderful things :-))

Not all of them.

Mike

--
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea