Old 08-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Sarah Dale

Bill Falconer wrote:
This year I have grown my peas in compost individually in the cardboard
cores of toilet rolls, a tip from a TV programme. They are now being
climatised but have lost their healthy green colour turning very pale. Help
please as it is now time for planting out.

A very traditional method of growing sweet peas. what they are telling
you is that they have run out of grub and want planting.

Give them a good soak in water and then plant out. I'd leave the ubes in
place, but you could *carefully* slit them in a couple of places before
planting to give the roots an easy way out.

Water well and watch out for slugs & snails. Enjoy the flowers.

HTH

Sarah