Old 20-10-2002, 08:14 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Muntjack Deer

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:12:11 +0100, "Dennis Simpson"
wrote:

Muntjack deer have a habit of wandering around our group of six retirement
bungalows and munching flowers in pots, particularly Pansies. Anybody know
of any easy "buzz-off" ideas?

A large dog off the leash and/or a shotgun discharged with
freedom and elan. Combine bans on hunting with effective dog
leash laws, and the deer run riot; at least, that's what's
happened *here*.

And here. But I want to object strongly to the above of shotguns
for such purposes on the grounds of cruelty. The fact that the
misbegotten politically correct idiots in this country support the
misgenated Powers That Be that want to disarm the peasantry is a
disgrace. The appropriate weapon is a 0.22 rifle, or even a long
barreled pistol firing a 0.22 magnum.

You need to be EXTREMELY careful using those in built-up areas,
but it is actually easier to use them safely in such conditions
than shotguns.

Of course, the ecologically correct solution is the reintroduction
of Eurasian lynx, which is where I came in. But the aforementioned
misbegotten and misgenated will have nothing to do with that ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679