Old 09-06-2005, 02:22 AM
nina

http://www.snopes.com/humor/letters/smithson.htm

its still funny, even if it isnt true

greenfoot wrote:
Winnie Oakbob wrote:
I think there is dead T-Rex in my garden and I fear working there now,
because the spirit of the dead T-Rex may bite me.

What can I do now?

OT, but related (and funny)...
The story behind the letter below is that there is this nutball in
Newport, named Scott Williams who digs things out of his backyard and
sends the stuff he finds to the Smithsonian Institute, labelling them
with
scientific names, insisting that they are actual archaeological finds.
This guy really exists and does this in his spare time! Anyway...here's
the actual response from the Smithsonian Institution. Bear this in mind
next time you think you are challenged in your duty to respond to a
difficult situation in writing.