Old 08-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Paddy

In message , Richard
writes
Hi. It's fairly important that any trimmer I buy cuts quite a lot of
grass, because often I'm cutting down the grass of the whole garden, not
just trimming the edges.

I was wanting a cordless trimmer, and was going to buy a Black and
Decker strimmer, which would have cut 36 sq mtrs, and would have lasted,
well I think about 20 minutes or so. I decided against that because I
thought one charge might not see me complete the front garden, so I went
and bought a Bosch ACCUTRIMM. Now, this has blades rather then a line,
and I believe is therfore much more efficient that the strimmer. Now,
I'm not sure how many sq mtrs of grass this will cut, but it mentions
800 mtrs for light grass, I think it was 300 mtrs for medium, and about
80mtrs I think for long grass. All that's mentioned is metres, no
mention of sq metrs.

Before I open the box on my Bosch, did I do right in buying the ACCUTRIM
trimmer? I've a front and back garden each about 50 sq metres in area.
I wonder if the ACCUTRIM might do them both with one charge, if the
grass is say medium. Maybe not, but I'm hoping that the ACCUTRIM is at
least as good as the the B&D strimmer in how much grass it will cut.
TIA. Rich.

I agree with Jane. Bought the B&D cordless, tried it on the allotment,
wasn't convinced, swapped it for a cheap petrol strimmer and am quite
happy, it does the job with power to spare.
Paul.
--
Paul reply-to is valid