Old 09-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Mike Lyle

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"Jeremy Goff" writes:

I am now looking for a Bosch AXT 2000HP Silent Garden Shredder -
seems to be the best available, but what's it really like for

soft
material, e.g. weeds, daffodil leaves, etc? These normally are
pretty wet when shredded, does this cause blockage?

Er, why do you want to shred those?

Because some Del-Boy who wants to make money told him you have to
shred stuff before you compost it. If I ever get my hands on that
evil person, I'll stuff him down his own goddam shredder. Feet first.
Switching off at intervals till I get bored. I'll catch the blood and
dry it for use as a good natural fertiliser. The bone meal will be
very handy for preparing new beds. Sorry about the following breach
of Usenet etiquette, but I now have just got to flaming well
SHOUT!... ANYTHING YOU CAN CUT WITH A SPADE -- THAT'S A
***SPADE*** -- GOES ON THE COMPOST HEAP AS IT COMES. How do the
salesmen reckon nature did it before they invented shredders? A
shredder is for tough stuff, for motorway verges, for local
authorities, and for paper factories. DO NOT BE CONNED BY SPOTTY
YOUTHS INTO THINKING IT'S AN ORDINARY GARDEN TOOL. Woody material is
poor, bad, lousy, crappy, positively *useless* in a compost heap. You
want GREEN stuff, not cellulose. If you need a shredder, it's woody,
dudes. So make a pile over in some corner and forget about it for two
years, or burn it, give it to the dustmen, do anything you like with
it; but don't swell the coffers of the con-men by buying a machine to
help you slow down your compost heap with it.

But if he told you to shred daffodil leaves, you have my permission
to go and smash the sob's windows during a cold spell.

--
Mike.