Old 09-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Justin Boucher

Exactly!!
For what you pay for, the general belief I've been hearing is that the mag
pumps are the best. Yeah, sure you can get better pumps, but those pumps
will easily cost you a lot more money and typically would only be needed for
really large systems.
I have 240gal in display (~300 total in circulation) and the Mag pumps work
very well for my system.

Justin

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message

"Justin Boucher" wrote in message
Excellent point. This is Marine to Freshwater converstion since the

tank
was designed with a marine system in mind. I am using 1" ID rigid PVC

with
only 2 elbows. I already have the standpipes drilled and one of them is
set-up as a backup stand pipe (to help prevent tank overflow)

As for the Mag, references I got from the marine group support the Mag
pumps. They do have a special mentioning for head pressure however

(which
have figured in my calculations).

Could you or anyone else recommend a better pump? According to my catalogs
the danner mag pumps have the best head height per watt of energy used,

the
only pump offered in that pet place's catalog up to date that beats the

most
powerful mag pump is a seahorse pump by rainbow lifeguard and it is way

more
costly than the danner mag pumps, as far as head height and flow rate is
concerned the danner mag pumps are the best unless you want to spend a ton
more and get a seahorse rainbow-lifeguard self priming pump. Later!