Old 09-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Dave Adams

Some more info.... The tree had LOTS of blooms on it, as usual. I figured it
would be a nice crop. The winter here wasn't particularly harsh. A bit more
rain than usual, and maybe a bit warmer than usual as a result. We did have
some late rains, which I suppose could have knocked the blossoms off.

I just never would have thought I could go from hundreds of plums to only 3 in
one year. :-(

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:08:33 GMT, (Rez) wrote:

In article , Dave Adams wrote:

We have a Santa Rosa plum tree in our backyard that has always given a bumper
crop of fat, juicy plums. This year, there's only like 3 on the whole tree.
I've done nothing different than usual regarding pruning, fertilizing, etc.

Anybody have similar problems, or even heard of it? What could cause this?

Same with my apricot tree (SoCal here). It had a zillion blooms, and
had planned to have a zillion fruits, same as always -- but there was
a hard freeze right after it had set all the tiny baby fruits, and
they all died and fell off.

Normally this tree is any-weather-tolerant, but going from 90F to 20F
in one day was just too much.

Same thing happened with my mini peach tree this year. So no fruit
from either of them.

~REZ~