Old 09-06-2005, 04:36 AM
George

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
The following site says that roundup can be used to control the poison
ivy. http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/...e/flora/poivy/
The botanist for the National Botanical Gardens in Washington DC said at
a pond meeting several years ago, that Roundup can be used to control
weeds in natural ponds without affecting the fish and other animals. It
is apparently neutralized on contact with water. I would, personally,
limit the amount of roundup going into the pond, but not be too worried
about minimal overspray. Some insecticides are very toxic, even in small
quantities.
--
RichToyBox

Hmmm. We are talking about plants here, aren't we? Roundup is an
herbicide, not an insecticide. Just thought I would clarify that point.