Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Mark Anderson

In article says...
I think you are overfeeding it. No plant needs fertilizer
once a day (once every couple of weeks is what I use for my
container tomatoes). As for watering, you may be giving it
too much water also. I would cut back a little and see if
the problem clears up.

Twice a week may actually be too little water. Tomatoes tend to really
eat water in pots and when it gets hot here in Chicago, like it is now, I
have to water them every day. Some people suggest twice a day but I'm
not that diligent. My tomatoes are rather small, about 1 1/2 feet high,
so they're not drying out the pot as fast but I still check the soil and
sprinkle them every day if needed. Mine certainly can't go more than
2 days without water even at their current size. When they get big and
the root ball grows, if I didn't water them every day the stupid plants
started to wilt. Growing them in the ground is far more forgiving wrt
watering.