Old 09-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Doug Kanter

"Paul O." wrote in message
news
Hi folks, I have a tomatoe plant in a 17" pot. I have been watering it
with about 1 gallon of water 2 times a week, one watering I add Miracle
Grow Tomatoe Plant food. I am wondering if this is to much water or not
enough. A lot of the leaves are curling. It is not all that hot here yet
in our area of Southern Calif., getting into the mid 80's. I have it where
it gets the most sun. It is a Bonnie Tomatoe Patio. Thanks for any
advice.

--
Paul O.

Your pot's about 50% too small. Bigger pots have more stable soil
environments. Tomato plants do best when their soil stays evenly moist, as
opposed to extremes of dryness and moisture.